April 26, 2015

Cosplay Practice

Hello all!


My cousin Louise came over today so we could show each other our cosplay. For those of you who don't know, cosplay is short for "costume play", and it is when people dress up as their favorite character, usually to attend a convention, but sometimes just for fun! Louise and I hope to go to our local Comic Con this fall, and we've been working on our costumes together for months.


I'm dresssed as my interpretation of a warrior princess named Arya from a popular series of fantasy books that I sneak into my Dad's office to read because my Mom says it's "too mature" for me. Hehe! I have a wooden practice sword that goes with my costume. My Dad has taught be some cool moves with it!





Louise is dressed as a student from Hogwarts from the Harry Potter series. Her house is Slytherin, and she even has a cool wand and cloak!




 "Expecto patronum!" she shouted, waving her wand.


We had a long discussion about which of our characters would win in a battle, and then proceeded to enact said battle.


I think I won, but Louise thinks she won! Sigh.


Do you have any hobbies like cosplay?

{What I'm Wearing: Shirt from American Girl; Bodice by Realms of Legend on Etsy; Pants by Sophia's brand; Boots purchased on eBay. On Louise: Shirt, vest, tie, and skirt by Dolls Clothes by Carole; Shoes by American Girl; Cloak was a gift from Etsy}

7 comments:

  1. My dolls would like to cosplay (mostly lord of the rings) but I can't ever find what I need to peice a costume together from Etsy, and the costumes that are there are ridiculously priced.
    *siiiigh*
    But I like yours, though! Especaily the slytheryn uniform. : )
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen! Sometimes you can find people on Etsy who will make custom orders for you and they can be reasonably priced. Or as all great cosplayers do, you can make your own! :)

      -Charlie

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only Vinyl American who likes to cosplay and attend comicons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Steampunk Addie! You had me LOLing at Vinyl American! :)

      -Charlie

      Delete
  3. Great costumes, girls! You are going to rock the Comic Con!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so you are fans of Eragon, too? YES!!! We recently read the first book and are searching around desperately for the next...

    ReplyDelete