June 1, 2014

Sewing Class with Isabelle

So today, my friend Margot and I went to our friend Isabelle's house. Isabelle just moved here at the beginning of this year from the East Coast! We both attend Ballet West Academy after school, and that's how we met. You'll see our dance class another day; today, we went to Isabelle's house to learn to do her other favorite pastime - sewing!

We opened up Isabelle's studio, and set our own sewing machines on a table.

Margot went to work picking out fabric from Isabelle's stash. She has lots of fabric to choose from!

"Try it on the dress form first to see if it will work with the project you're doing," Isabelle suggested.

Soon, Margot picked out some fabric...


...we got our supplies in order...




...and Isabelle set up her sewing machine to show us how to sew!


"Okay, I think I've got this!" I said.

So we went to our sewing machines and starting making our project, with Isabelle's supervision, of course!


"How am I doing, Isabelle?" Margot asked.

"Oh, Margot..." Isabelle said. We both waited anxiously - were we doing it right?!

"It's wonderful!" Isabelle exclaimed.

"Yours too, Charlie! You're a natural," said Isabelle.

Isabelle walked back over to her machine. "Okay, guys," she said. "Are you ready for the finishing touches?"

We watched Isabelle and followed along...

...and our project started to take shape!


"Alright, ladies, now let's see your projects!" Isabelle directed.


"Those are some awesome shorts!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air. "Great job!"

"It wouldn't have been possible without you, Izzy!" said Margot.
"Yes!" I agreed. "Thank you, Isabelle! I can't wait to wear my new shorts!"

"Oh, girls!" Isabelle said. "That's what friends are for!"

I loved learning to sew with Isabelle! Have you ever had a friend teach you a new skill?

No comments:

Post a Comment